Ebola virus disease has taken the lives of 27 people in the Democratic Republic of Congo, the World Health Organization said Wednesday. Based on information gathered this week, WHO also reported a total of 58 cases of the rare and deadly illness in the Congo outbreak.
Other strategies include public health messages through radio, schools, churches and word of mouth, educating people about Ebola and how to prevent it.
Most deadly Ebola outbreaks:
- 11,308 deaths in Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone, 2014-6
- 280 deaths in DR Congo, 1976
- 254 deaths in DR Congo, 1995
- 224 deaths in Uganda, 2000
- 187 deaths in DR Congo, 2007
Source: WHO and CNN