This module is about various techniques used in clinical microbiology for processing the patients specimen for optimal recovery of pathogens, accurate and high quality microbiology reports are not possible without appropriate processing of these specimens.
After going through this module students will be able to understand and perform
- Specimen receiving and rejection criteria
- Different methods of plating and streaking the specimen on culture media
- Specimen inoculation techniques
- Inoculation to ensure optimal pathogen recovery
- Avoid loss of pathogens during specimen handling and processing